Sunday, 29th May, 2005 03:36:50pm
Name or Alias:
Training and/or processing level:
Org or location:
Time involved in the Church of Scientology:
Recommended Website - http://
- 1. How did you first become acquainted with the Church of
- Was and still am open for anything that can make things better.Had a problem relating to women.Was a bit introverted and shy.
- 2. What initially appealed to you about scientology?
- First easy.The registrar said it would help me communicate better.After the communication course I was very pleased with the results.What really got my interest though was the promise of ot powers.This was the most exiting and interesting thing I had ever heard in my life.All I had to do was make the money,do the work and I would be a demi God.Whatta deal!
- 3. Were there problems in your life that you thought
scientology would address?
- see above.
- 4. Did you see, experience, or hear about things that didn't
seem right while you were in the Church of Scientology? What were
they, and what convinced you to set aside your feelings?
- The whole mess in 82 did not look right to me.All the fun people left and these grim faced teenagers were taking over.I was confused to belong to a movement with things like a finance police.Stayed on though since I wanted the benefits of being able to do everything witout a body and to be in fact knowingly immortal.Ron as far as I could make out at the time was still on the lines and seemed to be endorsing all this stuff.Looking back at it he probably kind of did.It is not fair to blame everything on Miscvige.
- 5. Why did you choose to stay in the Church of
- Easy.Promise of OT.Was not unpleased with the results of many rundowns at all.A lot of stuff is nonsense though but a lot of things are truly brilliant.Having done pretty much everything there is to do in scientology,this is how I would rate it.
History of man.2(I liked the book though at first but Got extremely poor results if not negative ones.Also true for anybody I know who has audited past lives.)
grade 0 8.5
grade 1 9.0
grade 2 8.5
grade 3 7
grade 4 9.5
most of this is things he researched from 51 to 54 55.
I cannot remember anyone ever complaining about the grades.Outstanding psychotherapy.
1960 to 1966.Briefing course materials.Very smart ideas to handle the Goals problems mass)Actual results and outcome quite poor.
Enjoyed doing ot 2 though.
ot3.3.5.In hinsight I laugh at it.In 1967 lrh was really out to lunch as was pretty much everybody who had done the clearing course and power and ot2.Ot3 gives in my observation some delusional feeling of grandeur.The buck rodgers incident 76 million years ago with lrh starring as buck rodgers coming to the galactic rescue is a bit funny if not pathetic.Kind of a pity because the grades and the l's are pretty neat.
ot 5 9.5.I know that sounds strange.But I got tremendous real benefits out of it.
ot 6 is a course probably a 7
ot 7.Starting at a 9 and going down 1 point per month.After 6 months probaly a 3 or 4 going down to a 0.(I know some scientologist are going to say that is because I did not do my new Rundowns but by this time it was once bitten twice shy.
Besides the whole thing looked like a scam to me to extract more money out of the suckers with new and improved,it really works this time!Come get your sec checks!How many times you said you masturbated?Did you look at dirty pictures on the internet,What do you mean with when small men cast big shadows the sun is about to set?
ot 8.Kind of ok.rids you of some of the delusions that you got on prior levels but why do I have to pay to fix delusions that I got from the 'tech'.
l11.Not bad at all I have to say.9.5
l10.Definitively not worth the outrageous price but worth it for a hobbyist let's say a 9
l12.Again at least a 9.
I recommend you get a class 12 in the freezone and do them.Should not be that difficult since there are few class 12's left in the Cof S anyway.
Additionally a lot of the tapes from 51 to 55 are quite useful.Just because LRH is a paranoid lying conman with delusions of grandeur and probably one of the biggest druggies of the twentieth century does not mean that he was not sometimes astoundingly brilliant.Maybe he was so detached as a human being(Out to lunch if you wish)that he could see and describe things like nobody before or after him has done.Just because what the man did was dispicable does not mean that he did not have a lot of amazingly brilliant observations.
- 6. Were you staff or public? If staff, was it at a mission or
an org? Were you ever in the Sea Org or OSA? Which unit? If not on
staff, did you ever volunteer to 'help out'?
- Helped out a lot.Nearly all the staff I met well intentioned people.Unfortunately this was usually not the case at flag.These so members are probably under suchs threats and delusions of save the world and stuff that basic human decency is considered a weakness.
Most of the auditors though are pretty decent people although a bit robotic and scared.
- 7. Why did you leave the Church of Scientology? Was there a
- I just drifted out.Musthave spend 500 hours reading things on the internet.Kind of a lot come to think of it.But I guess I am a very thorough person.Maybe I was very indoctrinated and maybe I still am.Maybe the final straw is that I did not quiete got what I wanted
and none of the hundreds of ot's I personally know did either.
I still do not want to be to negative about lrh despite the many delusionary things he did.The goal of operating thetan is a very fascinating one and although he did not make it he definitively moved us closer.
- 8. Do you think the Church of Scientology needs to change some
of its practices? If so, what should be changed? How did those
practices affect your life?
- I believe Scientology is totally bexyond repair.The solution to the decline in nearly all parts of the world is to make a robotic thing even more robotic.Golden age of robot tech.Kind of a pity since quiete a bit of the tech is quioete worthwhile if benefitted from in a non fascist environnement.It is unfortunate Org is giving it such a bad name.But in all farness.The are just doing their best to execute LRH's dramatizations after he went mostly insane somewhere around 1965 withone notably upsurge in sanity (come back)in 1970 and to a lesser extent 1971 with the Brilliant data series and the L's
- 9. If the items you listed in the previous question were
changed, would you consider rejoining or staying in the Church of
Scientology? If so, why?
- It is like asking if Saddam Hussein did a liablility formula would I join the Baath party again?Give me a break.To be a Volonteer minister,and give touch assist after a marathon?So I can pickit psychiatry offices because somebody who was a Vistaril user asks me to?To promote way to happiness so people can join the most unethical cult in the world(Slatkin,Vancouver stock exchangr,Digital Lightwave,Ageg etc
Join scientology so you get exteriorized from your friends family,society,and every penny you have and whatever you can borrow.And then after that if you do not applaud loud enough at the photo's of lrh or some self appointed int guy you get exteriorized from your husband,wife or children that you sucked in?
- 10. Any additional comments you would like to make?
- It was and is not my intention to dicourage anyone from studying hubbards work.If you get a partner or a small group and study the work of the pilot you will feel very happy you did.Also essentially services like the HQS course,pts sp course,tr's,co-audits are quiete valuble.I am not so sure about the study tech being very valuable.It is better at making robots than anything else.There are many freezone groups all over the world.You could even check out The Ron's Orgs although the markab stufff conspiracy theories make it a bit hard to swallow.You could also listen to tapes on your own and co audit them with a friend although hardly anybody I ever heard of got around to doing that.All in all.If you strip the buck rodgers,lower your expectations a bit,get the North Korean mentality out of it and all the cult and conspiracy stuff it will probably give you some neat awnsers.