Sunday, 31st March, 2002 12:22:45pm
Name or Alias:
Training and/or processing level:
CLEAR, and many pack courses
Org or location:
Baton Rouge Mission, Clearwater Mission, FLAG, Cincinnati Org, and FCDC in Wash.DC
Time involved in the Church of Scientology:
1978 - 1987
Recommended Website - TaxExemptChildAbuse.Net
- 1. How did you first become acquainted with the Church of
- Was recruited in by a girl friend. First communication courses, personality test, then pac courses, life repair, purification rundown, etc.
- 2. What initially appealed to you about scientology?
- In reflection, I guess what I'd have to say is the 'claims' of their auditing results.
- 3. Were there problems in your life that you thought
scientology would address?
- Dyslexia and concentration issues....or so I was told they could repair.
- 4. Did you see, experience, or hear about things that didn't
seem right while you were in the Church of Scientology? What were
they, and what convinced you to set aside your feelings?
- The constant regging (a $cn word for recruiting) for money and time was a big sore spot for me. The whole anti-psyc theme didn't click with me either.
- 5. Why did you choose to stay in the Church of
- The woman would recruited me into the cult eventually became my wife. She was totally committed to the Hubbard BS ..... and still is.
- 6. Were you staff or public? If staff, was it at a mission or
an org? Were you ever in the Sea Org or OSA? Which unit? If not on
staff, did you ever volunteer to 'help out'?
- I was public. My ex-wife was a staffer with missions, orgs, and a $cieno school in Virginia.
- 7. Why did you leave the Church of Scientology? Was there a
- I left in October of 1987. I remember the day well. It was a beautiful day in Washington, DC. Several Sea Org dudes were up from FLAG at the FCDC Org. They held me in a room for several hours trying to 'handle' my stall on the bridge. As a last resort they wanted me go online with the Celeb. Ctr, there in D.C. since I was strongly resisting, and resenting, their too in-your-face reg cycles. I recall, asking the 3 guys, 'What's the deal with the Navy Uniforms?' I had told them that I had a year of Naval Reserve Officers Candidate schooling and was put off by the garb. They got snippy with me and I said 'That's it, I am out of here!'
- 8. Do you think the Church of Scientology needs to change some
of its practices? If so, what should be changed? How did those
practices affect your life?
- OH YES INDEED!!! They need to abolish DISCONNECTION of family members. They need to cease the practice of FAIR GAME. And stop with the 'death by litigation' tactics. Those are 3 biggie reform issues I have with the cult from brutal personal experiences. see http://padgett.taxexemptchildabuse.net
- 9. If the items you listed in the previous question were
changed, would you consider rejoining or staying in the Church of
Scientology? If so, why?
- No, I would NEVER be involved with that wacky group ever again. However, if they addressed the 3 practices/policies noted above, I would stop my public complaints of the Co$.
- 10. Any additional comments you would like to make?
- Friends are developing a site for me to capture the hell I've gone through trying to get my kids away from the very damaging effects of the cult. see www.madvillelaw.net