Wednesday, 7th July, 2004 10:24:16am
Name or Alias:
Eyes Wide Open
Training and/or processing level:
Org or location:
Time involved in the Church of Scientology:
5 yrs active. 12 yrs as a scn.
Recommended Website - Operation Clambake
- 1. How did you first become acquainted with the Church of
- Through the Dianetics book commercials. Went to my local Mission and bought the book and ext crse, had some Bk 1 auditing. Later I joined staff at a Mission then later I joined staff at an Org.
- 2. What initially appealed to you about scientology?
- That it is very precise and scientific and works on results. I also believed the crap about going free spiritually and ending the cycle of birth/death with amnesia thing, as well as gaining supposed 'OT powers'.
- 3. Were there problems in your life that you thought
scientology would address?
- relationship problems, losses, enhance self-esteem and power.
- 4. Did you see, experience, or hear about things that didn't
seem right while you were in the Church of Scientology? What were
they, and what convinced you to set aside your feelings?
- Yes! Very poor living conditions for staffmembers, not eating, trying to avoid being evicted because of inability to pay their rent, haggard and severly overworked staff, little to no pay. Horrible treatment by execs to staff. Lying to public to get their money. Strange rituals being forced on by execs to staff and SO. Taking children away from parents into the SO and not educating them.
- 5. Why did you choose to stay in the Church of
- I believed that one day it would change and the planet would be 'cleared' and any/all above things I listed would stop.
- 6. Were you staff or public? If staff, was it at a mission or
an org? Were you ever in the Sea Org or OSA? Which unit? If not on
staff, did you ever volunteer to 'help out'?
- staff. Mission for a while, then onto an Org.
- 7. Why did you leave the Church of Scientology? Was there a
- I was tired of starving,being overworked,little to no money,on top of not being allowed to get another job; being verbally,emotionally,mentally and spiritually abused by Execs and Seniors and SO..all while being nicely dressed and keeping a brave and happy face on!
- 8. Do you think the Church of Scientology needs to change some
of its practices? If so, what should be changed? How did those
practices affect your life?
- Yes! At one time, I woulda said make the courses/auditing MUCH cheaper and pay staff MUCH better money, and working less hours, then Dn & Scn would be 'fine'. But now, I say it needs to simply dissappear and never exist again. If the 'tech' were so 'workable' and 'changing lives' why were all the above conditions on staff/SO existing?
- 9. If the items you listed in the previous question were
changed, would you consider rejoining or staying in the Church of
Scientology? If so, why?
- 10. Any additional comments you would like to make?
- Yes! When you leave staff/SO. DO NOT EVEN BOTHER TO ROUTE OUT!!! Just LEAVE! It's all a big bag of lies and a money scam! Upper Managment are lining their pockets, huge useless buildings are being erected, and it's ALL one big waste of your time,money, and sanity!