Tuesday, 3rd June, 2003 10:39:48am
Name or Alias:
Training and/or processing level:
Org or location:
Time involved in the Church of Scientology:
Recommended Website - N/A
- 1. How did you first become acquainted with the Church of
- I took the personality test in the mid 1970's
- 2. What initially appealed to you about scientology?
- I had been searching for a way to find greater spirituality and meaning and somehow Scn seemed to be it.
- 3. Were there problems in your life that you thought
scientology would address?
- I felt like a lost soul. I wanted meaning in my life other than the physical dimensions.
- 4. Did you see, experience, or hear about things that didn't
seem right while you were in the Church of Scientology? What were
they, and what convinced you to set aside your feelings?
- Too many to count! Why didn't LRH ever make public appearances, or come to DC? Why was his face everywhere? Why do the courses cost so much if it's about hurrying to clear the planet, why make it so unaffordable? Why did all the staff chain smoke and look so disheveled all the time? Why wasn't I allowed to go to Church or read other spiritual materials any more? Why, after 12.5 hours of auditing, I felt nothing new? Why the heavy handed selling?
- 5. Why did you choose to stay in the Church of
- Momentum if anything. I made some good friends there and there are alot of wonderful people involved with Scn, but like myself, we didn't know what was really happening to us. Also, the hope of becoming a stronger being was still a need of mine.
- 6. Were you staff or public? If staff, was it at a mission or
an org? Were you ever in the Sea Org or OSA? Which unit? If not on
staff, did you ever volunteer to 'help out'?
- I was staff at DC and pressured to join both day and night staffs. I wasn't eligible for the Sea Org (Thank God!) Somehow I always managed to keep one foot in the real world and continually resisted becoming completely gung ho.
- 7. Why did you leave the Church of Scientology? Was there a
- I wanted my own viewpoint back. There was a final straw but I'd best not give details. I will say, I had been at Flag and since I didn't have much money at the time, noticed quite a disinterest in me or my troubles. I also started to see that OT meant Zer-O.
- 8. Do you think the Church of Scientology needs to change some
of its practices? If so, what should be changed? How did those
practices affect your life?
- Yes. Go to some other planet.
- 9. If the items you listed in the previous question were
changed, would you consider rejoining or staying in the Church of
Scientology? If so, why?
- 10. Any additional comments you would like to make?
- I am thankful for having found out so much about Scn now or I may have gotten back involved and lost even more of my self.