Tuesday, 8th April, 2008 12:35:08pm
Name or Alias:
Training and/or processing level:
Org or location:
Time involved in the Church of Scientology:
Recommended Website - http://
- 1. How did you first become acquainted with the Church of
- From work, in the late 1970's
- 2. What initially appealed to you about scientology?
- It seems like a science at first. LRH's bs sounds good until you realize he never studied anything
- 3. Were there problems in your life that you thought
scientology would address?
- Not really.
- 4. Did you see, experience, or hear about things that didn't
seem right while you were in the Church of Scientology? What were
they, and what convinced you to set aside your feelings?
- I started at a mission in fort lauderdale, and at that time things there were pretty sane, in fact they were good people. When I started at the miami org, things were crazy. I had sex with staff members (which in the 70's was not all that unusual, but when I got to know staff, I could see how crazy things were). Also, I did not like that even though LRH said 'If it isn't treu for you it isn't true' yet if you dared to disagree you got punished by endless word clearing until finally you just saind ok fine I agree, even though you did not.
- 5. Why did you choose to stay in the Church of
- I thought the emeter was cool. I am an engineer, so I thought it was interesting, until I tool mine apart and realized it was just a bridge ohm meter.
- 6. Were you staff or public? If staff, was it at a mission or
an org? Were you ever in the Sea Org or OSA? Which unit? If not on
staff, did you ever volunteer to 'help out'?
- 7. Why did you leave the Church of Scientology? Was there a
- When I was told to disconnect from my wife. I did at first but then I saw how off things were, so I blew and went bakc with my wife.
- 8. Do you think the Church of Scientology needs to change some
of its practices? If so, what should be changed? How did those
practices affect your life?
- The problem runs much deeper than practices, as most of the unethical things are mandated by LRH, so I don't see how that would be possible (for them to change). Also the management right now seem totally crazed.
I also think that most of the so called tech is utter non-sense.
- 9. If the items you listed in the previous question were
changed, would you consider rejoining or staying in the Church of
Scientology? If so, why?
- Never. It is non-sense. They are mean and vindictive.
- 10. Any additional comments you would like to make?
- I think that the direction DM is taking COS in will lead to a self-destruct. Now that the internet has brought this all out, I don't see much future for them. Although the vault is full right now I would imagine that the income is way down - note that after 30 years, they called me to try and get more money by selling me books. This shows how disparate they are for new members. I thing they will spend their fortune quickly.