Thursday, 14th February, 2008 01:18:38am
Name or Alias:
Training and/or processing level:
Stud Hat/Scn Drug RD
Org or location:
Time involved in the Church of Scientology:
Recommended Website - ESMB
- 1. How did you first become acquainted with the Church of
- Used copy of Dianetics bought from library that was offloading it.
- 2. What initially appealed to you about scientology?
- Going Clear.
- 3. Were there problems in your life that you thought
scientology would address?
- Yes. Poor self-esteem, poor relations with others, unable to do in life what I dreamed of - inability to pursue dreams of being an artist.
- 4. Did you see, experience, or hear about things that didn't
seem right while you were in the Church of Scientology? What were
they, and what convinced you to set aside your feelings?
- Overzealousness about LRH's ability as a writer and person. Then, if Scn isn't working or you disagree with something in policy letter, it's because there's something wrong with YOU - PTSness, MUs, out-Ethics. Self-righteous assumption of superiority over non-Scns.
- 5. Why did you choose to stay in the Church of
- I wanted to go Clear and OT in order to be super-powerful.
- 6. Were you staff or public? If staff, was it at a mission or
an org? Were you ever in the Sea Org or OSA? Which unit? If not on
staff, did you ever volunteer to 'help out'?
- Staff and public at Class V org.
- 7. Why did you leave the Church of Scientology? Was there a
- Org went Ideal - big important people from WDC, etc on missions to run the org brought in a suppressive environment - final straw was heavy sec-check/ethics interview over something I considered trivial, and subsequesnt assignment of lower conditions, and even after those completed, was stilled shunned by many. Realized I'd come to the point where I believed my entire eternity as a being in this universe was in the hands of a few rabid people in quasi-military outfits and thus found myself thinking, 'How did it come to this?' Being forced to stay in small room with HCO people late one night when I should have been home with family putting up Christmas tree, but was not allowed to leave. Blew shortly thereafter, then came in to try to route out standardly, but after several months of no progress I left, began to look at the internet for the first time, and after that told everyone I was never coming back.
- 8. Do you think the Church of Scientology needs to change some
of its practices? If so, what should be changed? How did those
practices affect your life?
- Disband the Sea Org, drop the heavy ethics and emphasis on sec-checking, lower prices considerably, drop SP declare/enforced disconnection, DM needs to go to jail for his fraud - all of which would make this a different organization, so I don't know if it's capable of change.
- 9. If the items you listed in the previous question were
changed, would you consider rejoining or staying in the Church of
Scientology? If so, why?
- I do not know. I would look once more, but be VERY WARY of going any further than that.
- 10. Any additional comments you would like to make?
- Since leaving, my life is much better, I'm happier and pursuing those things in life I'd always wanted to pursue but that I didn't think I'd be able to pursue before going Clear and OT. The lies they tell you about what will happen to you if you leave (depression, failure, suicide, heart-attacks, etc) simply do not happen.