Saturday, 26th January, 2008 01:53:56pm
Name or Alias:
Training and/or processing level:
Org or location:
FOLO EUS/COS NYC
Time involved in the Church of Scientology:
Recommended Website - http://www.xenutv.com/
- 1. How did you first become acquainted with the Church of
- Read Dianetics, wanted to know more about it, got regged for Communication Course, was recruited ton join the Sea Org.
- 2. What initially appealed to you about scientology?
- Going 'clear'.
- 3. Were there problems in your life that you thought
scientology would address?
- I was young (18), shy, inhibited and had low-self esteem. The prospect of scientology turning me into a 'super-being' appealed very much to me at the time.
- 4. Did you see, experience, or hear about things that didn't
seem right while you were in the Church of Scientology? What were
they, and what convinced you to set aside your feelings?
- Being in and living at the Church I saw LOTS of things. But again, being young I didn't really think they were THAT bad at the time. Things like extremely poor living conditions for the staff (squalor, extremely low or no pay. [I was making something to the effect of $10-$20 bucks a week, sometimes not even that and NO pay. Being told that was what was 'trickled down after org expenses', while upper management officers were making huge commisions of auditing & course sales'... 'Non-profit' MY ASS!] There was also poor conditions concerning the treatment and care of staff children. (I worked as a Sea Org child care person or 'nanny'). And kids only got to be with their parents a few hours a week. [No kind of family life at all, and horrible conditiions for kids. If a kid, even a toddler was being a bit cranky or unruly... he was locked in a closet screaming horribly till either he stopped or passed out. I could do a few pages on the childcare system in Scn. alone.]
Also lack of proper/non existant medical treatment.
And mostly later on in years, too much conflicting information which constantly contradicted itself.
Over the years I had seen SO much out things it would be too hard to put it all into this web form.
It was like a bizarre and crazy concentration camp that I willingly participated in due to being brain-washed.
- 5. Why did you choose to stay in the Church of
- At the time... basically young stupidity and a false sense of 'hope' that someday maybe it would all be true, and I'd get my wish and 'go Clear' and become a 'Scientology Super-Being'... the state of 'OT' or 'Operating Thetan'.
But Scientology 'Auditing' (processing) was rarely given to Sea Org staff, and you had to do near super human things and be of some kind of REAL value to them to ever get any of it.
I recieved very little if ANY in all my years there, even though I was commneded for and did exemplary things.
- 6. Were you staff or public? If staff, was it at a mission or
an org? Were you ever in the Sea Org or OSA? Which unit? If not on
staff, did you ever volunteer to 'help out'?
- Sea Org/FOLO EUS (Flag Operations Liason Office-East US)
- 7. Why did you leave the Church of Scientology? Was there a
- I was actually ORDERED to leave. My then wife (whom I had met IN the Sea Org)and I were both Sea Org Nannies. We had left earlier for various reasons like wanting stuff. Such as money, medical care, a place to live other than one single small room for our growing family... yanno, those 'luxuries' in life called BASIC DECENT LIVING CONDITIONS. So we were out of it for a year or so. But then my wife was in communication with some old friends at the S.O. who convinced her (re-brainwashed) to re-sign her Sea Org contract and 'come back to the fold'. I didn't want to and was quite happy with my present, actual money making job. But they convinced me and 'sold me' on the idea that I could come back and live their as well, while keeping my present job. Sort of as a 'civilian'. And so we sold everything, and moved back into the org. I even volunteered or actually was told to resume my post as a night nanny watching kids while their parents worked and 'studied'. (substitute the phrase 'were brainwashed'.) But later on, some new management entered the picture, and told me that because I was no longer 'Sea Org', that I was considered a 'freeloader' (even though I was paying THEM room and board to have the 'priviledge' of working for them and staying in their 'hovel of squalor' called the staff living quarters, and that I had to leave. So I moved to my own place, and would continue living & working in New Jersey, while traveling daily to see my wife & kids in NYC.
But one day my wife had run into her long lost brother, went out with him that night and got drunk and never woke for her post the next day. She was to be put into the RPF (Rehabilitation Project Force) a hard labor, slave camp group in the Sea Org supposedly to 'help' you. (you can read more about that on the internet) Not wanting any part of that she too left.
Under great duress. So we were later handed 'bills' for our 'stay' there. Something called a 'Free Loader's Debt'. Which was supposed to be an itemized bill of for things like room & board, courses & books, and other various nonsense. All of which were SUPPOSED to originally have been in exchange for joining the Sea Org and the extremely long hours of work we would put in daily 7 days a week (most times 16-20 hours a day)... with MAYBE a single day off once every few months.
So not wanting to continue with deplorable liing conditions and extremely hard work... we left. BUT... we continued in a 'fog' to believe it all to be true. That we there was maybe something wrong with us. And that someday we would 'get our ethics back in' (Scientology jargon for 'straightening up and flying right' concerning Scientology and it's 'cause'.)
Though the years my wife and I split up. I dicovered the internet, did soem reading of 'entheta' (Scn. term for anything that goes against Scn.)... and finally years later... had a HUGE 'cognition'. (another Scn. term for an epiphany.)
Scientolgy is FUCKED UP and DANGEROUS!
Much thanks and almost totally in the beginning to people like Mark Bunker and Tory Bezazian.
(thanks EVER so much guys!)
- 8. Do you think the Church of Scientology needs to change some
of its practices? If so, what should be changed? How did those
practices affect your life?
- It should DIE.
It should be exposed for the brainwashing FRAUD and SCAM it is and be somehow dismantled.
But I'd be happy with seeing a few really HUGE expose's about it on TV and in print. I'd be willing to get behind a campaign to promote that or 'diseminate' it as a Scientology zombie would say.
I'd especially like to see more in depth books and possibly a movie on the mad carnival barker whackjob behind it all...
L. Ron Hubard
I even know who would do an amazing job playing him...
Philip Seymour Hoffman!
He is a great actor and could almost double for him in my opinion.
- 9. If the items you listed in the previous question were
changed, would you consider rejoining or staying in the Church of
Scientology? If so, why?
- Never in a million years.
- 10. Any additional comments you would like to make?
- If you don't know much about Scientology & Dianetics...
Step 1.) Use the interent and enlighten yourself.
Step 2.)For your own sanity and safety...
STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM IT!
If your IN it...
SEE THE ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS!
For anyone already into it...
FOLLOW STEPS 1&2!!!