Thursday, 28th March, 2002 08:36:18pm
Name or Alias:
Training and/or processing level:
OT 7, Grad 4, HSSC, FPRD
Org or location:
Time involved in the Church of Scientology:
Recommended Website - www.xenu.net and torymagoo.org
- 1. How did you first become acquainted with the Church of
- I read Dianetics...the first book, and hitchhiked out to LA to become an 'auditor'.
- 2. What initially appealed to you about scientology?
- It was called 'and applied philosophy'. Since I had been studying Eastern Religions, that had great truths..but were hard to apply, this sounded perfect, or so I thouught.
- 3. Were there problems in your life that you thought
scientology would address?
- I thought it would give me to tools to help other people ....and explain why certain people acted the way they did. To some extent it did give me answers..however these turned into a larger trap.
- 4. Did you see, experience, or hear about things that didn't
seem right while you were in the Church of Scientology? What were
they, and what convinced you to set aside your feelings?
- All of the things you named, I saw and disagreed with. I had been on OT 7 for 7 years, and paid huge amounts of money to try to do it. Dispite writing up to RTC saying over and over 'This isn't working,,,I need help' they never did. Finally David Miscavige announced at a huge event, we were trained incorrectly, and for $25,000 they would 're-train' us. That did it for me. Bad deal, not fair, and seriously bad manners.
Also, I had been part of their ongoing medical malpractice, which I fought for 30 years. If you want to read about it, please go to www.xenu.net
and scroll to Personal Stories, 'Tory's story'.
- 5. Why did you choose to stay in the Church of
- The dream: A world without war, a world without crime where people helped each other and 'flourished and prospered together'. Also, the concept of 'OT' was eternally held out as 'Just your next step'. Since there are NO 'Clears' (per Hubbard's definition') ....it's a long train and hike to nowhere. :)
- 6. Were you staff or public? If staff, was it at a mission or
an org? Were you ever in the Sea Org or OSA? Which unit? If not on
staff, did you ever volunteer to 'help out'?
- I joined the Sea org, but was routed out due to being on some medication. Then I joined staff at Celebrety Center in LA, as Non-Sea Org..as an auditor. I then went to AOLA under the same conditions, and left once I was ready to have our child and become a mom...which was my favorite thing in my life!!!
- 7. Why did you leave the Church of Scientology? Was there a
- They had asked me to open accounts for OSA (see
http://www.lermanet.com/cos/toryonosa.htm for the full story). Also, I was the ED of 'The Scientologty Parishioners League.' Both were designed to stop communciations. I am a free speech advocate, so these were very much against my own true beliefs. I thought Andreas was the devil, and once I met him on line, and he asked me two simple questions, my own Scio/Truman show broke a part and collapsed...as sunshine shown in.
It began cracking in 1990 and ended in June of 2000. I am free, and SOOO happy to be 'out'.
- 8. Do you think the Church of Scientology needs to change some
of its practices? If so, what should be changed? How did those
practices affect your life?
- Certainly. They are good people for the most part, and honestly believe they are doing all good. The sad part is, the exec's are lying to them, and their fair game practices as well as disconnection, medical malpractice, and fraud all need to be changed. Lastly ..IF people are unhappy, they ~should~practice what Hubbard said: Give them their money back, and move on.
- 9. If the items you listed in the previous question were
changed, would you consider rejoining or staying in the Church of
Scientology? If so, why?
- No. Scientology is based for the most part on Clear and OT. Since these states do not exist, at least not in Scientology... why would I re-join? I wish them well, and hope they honestly study up on both sides, and then make their decision. Too many people stay out of guilt. That's one sorry 'religion'.
- 10. Any additional comments you would like to make?
- I am so very thankful for every single person who helped me wake up and recover from being 'in' Scientology. For anyone wondering, please do as Andreas said to me: Don't believe me...do your own research and make up your own mind :)
May the sunshine beam upon each of you. Love, Magoo.