Monday, 8th April, 2002 04:38:15am
Name or Alias:
Training and/or processing level:
Auditor to Nots level trained as supervisor of all courses.
Org or location:
Aust and england
Time involved in the Church of Scientology:
Recommended Website - N/A
- 1. How did you first become acquainted with the Church of
- Free course in Personal Efficiency.
- 2. What initially appealed to you about scientology?
- The philosophy. Past lives. The similarity to 'Buddhism' that I wished to study and travel with but needed guidance and there was none at the time. The people running it were kind and accepting and helpful.
- 3. Were there problems in your life that you thought
scientology would address?
- Immanenet divorce and the realisation that my behaviour was not by will but was largely reactive and that I was soing and being other than what I chose to be and to do.
- 4. Did you see, experience, or hear about things that didn't
seem right while you were in the Church of Scientology? What were
they, and what convinced you to set aside your feelings?
- The first was the introduction of 'Ehtics' It was mainly declaration of suppressive and the fair game law that I objected to. Other things followed.
- 5. Why did you choose to stay in the Church of
- I initially thought that the difference between what I saw happening and what the data seemed to indicate should be what was happening was a local event and needed correction. I set out to corrrect. I think I constantly thought that till right at the end when my contract was up and I realised that what was happening was coming from the top. It ws then I left.
- 6. Were you staff or public? If staff, was it at a mission or
an org? Were you ever in the Sea Org or OSA? Which unit? If not on
staff, did you ever volunteer to 'help out'?
- Staff at an org.
- 7. Why did you leave the Church of Scientology? Was there a
- I think that I had gained the confidence in self to realise that the organisation was a cult. I then realised that though I intially needed this cult that now i no longer needed it. The people involved were not practising what the data indicated was the way to live. They did not see this. So many were just being obedient. If that is the game that they chose - so be it. I still thought that there was a workable technology and wanted to practice it in a warm accepting environment so left and did that.
- 8. Do you think the Church of Scientology needs to change some
of its practices? If so, what should be changed? How did those
practices affect your life?
- What the group does is what it does. I can let them be. There are many who are attracted to it as it is and they learn the lessons that they need to learn. One valuable learning is the ability to adhere to the 'Code of Honour'. With this abiltiy one can leave or stay.
- 9. If the items you listed in the previous question were
changed, would you consider rejoining or staying in the Church of
Scientology? If so, why?
- I have benefited from the 22 years of particiaption. I have gone so much further since leaving; using other practices including following the path I was originally attracted to -'Buddhism'. I can understand ans see what is happeining. There are many things that happen in the church that I resisted and yet now see why they do that. In trying to run a practice using the methods and minimal staff I have found that one by one the circumstances arrive that seem to be resolved by a CofS practice. There are still some practices that were and are being employed that I consider are suppressive. I have witnesed what was done and is being done to David Mayo for example. I think these things are being done by the ignorant and by those with the cult attitude of being the only way and being in opposition to all othersss or being better than all others. I no longer need a cult.
- 10. Any additional comments you would like to make?
- I found that the develop,ment of the religion from 1959 to when I last saw what was happening closely approcximated the development through the centuries of christianity or any other cult that has one way and is right.