Sunday, 4th September, 2005 04:28:39am
Name or Alias:
Training and/or processing level:
Class IX, Nots
Org or location:
Los Angeles & Flag SO
Time involved in the Church of Scientology:
1962 to 1983
Recommended Website - theta007
- 1. How did you first become acquainted with the Church of
- 1962 read. This Is Life by Reg Sharpe, then DMSMH Co- audited on Self Analysis for 6 mo. Took Comm Course at local Franchise as well as all the lower level courses.and read most of LRH books. Decided to go to LA Org, and become an auditor. On staff at LA Org from 1964 thru 1967.(Day & Foundation) Went to England to SHSBC & did Clearing course through OT III on the Royal Scotsman
- 2. What initially appealed to you about scientology?
- I always wanted to help people. Felt Scientology could really help people to better them selves and I was looking for more Spiritual awareness for myself also.
- 3. Were there problems in your life that you thought
scientology would address?
- None of the above. Just wanted to help people and become more spiritually aware myself
- 4. Did you see, experience, or hear about things that didn't
seem right while you were in the Church of Scientology? What were
they, and what convinced you to set aside your feelings?
- I eventualy became disillusioned, as I saw the SO and the RTC was getting away from the teachings of what I thought LRH had intended. It was not the same group that I initially joined. And Yes, it was all of the above examples,disconnection,wrongdoing, poor living conditions,beliefs, biases, unfair treatment, Staff not getting their auditing and training, Public not getting the gains they were promised.Working staff 18 hrs a day,no decent clothes, unhealthy diet. The church took in millions yet staff were treated worse than slave labor, with no pay.
- 5. Why did you choose to stay in the Church of
- Because I knew the Tech worked and I thought I could make a difference.
- 6. Were you staff or public? If staff, was it at a mission or
an org? Were you ever in the Sea Org or OSA? Which unit? If not on
staff, did you ever volunteer to 'help out'?
- Yes, on Staff at LA Org from 1964 to 1966, then took SHSBC,and went OT III, Started my own Mission in La Jolla, Calif took the Class VIII course in 1971 and joined the Sea Org. gave my mission to LRH for his birthday in 1971. Was sent to flag, audited under LRH when he was researching the, L's. studied and became a Class IX auditor then LRH sent me to ASHO to be the Qual Sec. Later that year I routed out of the SO. Went to Mexico City and audited at the Mission there got Com Eve'd and Declared. worked up through the conditions and worked at the Las Vegas Org, and then audited at the Mission. Moved beck to Los Angles. did my Not's and started a Purif Center. In 1983 wrote a letter of resignation to Heber Jentzez and left the church for good.
- 7. Why did you leave the Church of Scientology? Was there a
- No, just a culmination of all of the above already mentioned. In retrospect, it probably was the fiasco in San Francisco in 1982 when all the, 'Old Timers,' got kicked out, that I decided that was it. That the church had now become, Suppressive. The old timers are what built the church in the first place.
- 8. Do you think the Church of Scientology needs to change some
of its practices? If so, what should be changed? How did those
practices affect your life?
- You have got to be kidding!!!!....where should I start..well all the examples in paragraph 4 would be a good place to start. Then start putting in LRH's original HCOB's and POL's. Like making sure staff really got their auditing and training. Applying Ethics,(as it was meant to be) like an auditing session, where the PC is winning and cogniting not a concentration camp. I was very lucky that I was already Class VIII and OT III, when I joined the SO.
- 9. If the items you listed in the previous question were
changed, would you consider rejoining or staying in the Church of
Scientology? If so, why?
- No, because it can never happen the Church and the powers that run the church have too many overts on the third and fourth dynamics, staff,and the public, for too many years. People not getting what they were promised. The focus on stats and money, instead of happy students and PC's. The church really started going down hill when Ethic's came in, because it was never applied correctly and FEAR became the tone level.
- 10. Any additional comments you would like to make?
- This, 'interview.' makes me wonder if you're not the C.of S. and are trying to find out who we are. If I didn't know better I'd think you were trying to get us back in the church. Your questions certainly seems that way!