Monday, 21st January, 2013 11:22:56am
Name or Alias:
Training and/or processing level:
Tech and Admin trained and CCRD.
Org or location:
Time involved in the Church of Scientology:
Over a decade
Recommended Website - Reaching for the Tipping Point
- 1. How did you first become acquainted with the Church of
- acquaintance heard ad on radio and knew I was having some trouble in life. Suggested I check it out.
- 2. What initially appealed to you about scientology?
- It had the answer to all the problems I could think of.
- 3. Were there problems in your life that you thought
scientology would address?
- depression, anxiety, self-esteem, addiciton
- 4. Did you see, experience, or hear about things that didn't
seem right while you were in the Church of Scientology? What were
they, and what convinced you to set aside your feelings?
- Claims of supernatural powers by OT's and Clears were told to me by many staff and promoted in Scientology publications. I set aside my feelings because I wanted to attain these powers and states of spirituality.
- 5. Why did you choose to stay in the Church of
- I made it my mission in life to help people. All the terrible things I had done in life needed to be repaid somehow. I thought this was the best way. I also thought it was the sole reason I was becoming a better person and had success in my life.
- 6. Were you staff or public? If staff, was it at a mission or
an org? Were you ever in the Sea Org or OSA? Which unit? If not on
staff, did you ever volunteer to 'help out'?
- I was on staff for over a decade.
- 7. Why did you leave the Church of Scientology? Was there a
- I left the "church" because I saw too many OT's and Clears not possess the abilities that were advertised. I saw blatant protection of criminality by "church" executives at the highest levels of Scn while stepping on people who were being honest about it. I had enough of the rebranding and repackaging of "church" materials and the constant pressure put on parishoners to donate all of their money to the "church". I saw too many Registrars suggest taking out loan, lines of credit, borrowing, etc to donate for services whose pricing was not in accordance with the policies LRH wrote that they should be. For example, Intensives at FLAG costing $9800. This is 12 hours of services.....
- 8. Do you think the Church of Scientology needs to change some
of its practices? If so, what should be changed? How did those
practices affect your life?
- Yes. I think they should stop calling themselves a church. They hide behind this to get tax exemption and use it to get away with abuses you normally would go to jail for.
- 9. If the items you listed in the previous question were
changed, would you consider rejoining or staying in the Church of
Scientology? If so, why?
- No, they cannot deliver what they promise. Scientology does not create people with these abilities or higher states of spirituality.
- 10. Any additional comments you would like to make?
- I commend you for all the work you do. The more people that tell their story and have a place to do it the better this world will be.